This super simple 3-ingredient Pineapple Banana Smoothie is so delicious and easy to make, you’ll want to have it every day for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
This pineapple banana smoothie recipe is low-fat, vegan, non-dairy, no-sugar-added and quite filling.
Pineapple is a fruit that mixes really well with banana, and the combination of both enhances its taste.
You’ll love its tropical flavor! When I drink this banana pineapple smoothie, it’s like I’m on the beach with a piña colada. Besides, this smoothie is perfect all year round!
Is this Pineapple Banana Smoothie healthy?
I love pineapple so much not only for its delicious taste, but because it has impressive health benefits.
This healthy tropical fruit is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, low in calories, rich in vitamin C and manganese, and its enzymes can ease digestion. Plus, it’s the best fruit for weight loss!
This pineapple and banana smoothie recipe is so good that lately, I make it every other morning for a healthy breakfast (I alternate it with my watermelon smoothie recipe which is also another one of my favorites).
It’s a real treat!
Tips to Prepare Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- For this easy Pineapple Banana Smoothie recipe, you can use fresh pineapple and add ice cubes or use frozen pineapple. I prefer to add frozen pineapple because the smoothie is creamier and not watery.
- And I don’t use pineapple juice because it’s healthier to add the whole pineapple chunk as it has fiber in it.
- Every week I freeze bananas (halved) in freezer bags, so I have them ready to use in my smoothies.
- If you don’t want it to have a lot of banana flavor, you can use half a frozen banana, since using frozen fruit softens the flavor.
- The banana gives this skinny smoothie a creamy texture that I love in smoothies, but if you like it less creamy, you can add more water and more fresh pineapple.
How to Make Pineapple Banana Smoothie
This healthy smoothie recipe is so easy to make! You only need frozen pineapple chunks, half a banana and almond milk.
I also add chia seeds to add more fiber and sometimes add half water and half almond milk to make it lighter.
First, add the frozen fruit in a blender. Next, add the almond milk and 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
If you want to increase your protein intake, you can add chocolate protein powder, and it will also give it a really good sweet taste.
Blend it all together for a minute and serve immediately.
I use Nutribullet Pro which is a powerful smoothie blender (I use it to make all my smoothies there everyday!), perfect to crush the frozen fruit and make a nutritious smoothie.
So easy and delicious!
I hope this easy smoothie recipe makes you insanely happy!
[mv_create key=”4″ type=”recipe” title=”3-Ingredient Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe” thumbnail=”https://deliciouslyhappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Banana-Pineapple-Smoothie-Recipe-Card.jpg”]
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES?
Check out this easy and healthy watermelon smoothie recipe (ready in 2 minutes!).
If you are craving it, then save it!
*Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if purchase an item from Amazon through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). These are all products/services I use and love and I feel confident will help you as well. Thanks!*